01A Awareness on First Aid
Session Content – Awareness on First Aid
(Delivery time: 02 hours)
First aid is the emergency care and treatment of a sick or injured person before professional medical services are obtained. It is not meant to replace medical diagnosis and treatment. In contrary to misconceptions, first aid is a temporary support until professional medical assistance is available.
To ensure that participants are aware of the importance of knowing first aid techniques that could be used during emergencies.
(1) to make participants understand the importance of saving a life;
(2) to make participants understand difference between first aid and medical assistance;
(3) to ensure participants understand the importance of participating in a first aid training;
(4) to provide knowledge of basic life support techniques;
Note that topics in this session will only be delivered to create awareness and not to teach first aid techniques. This is only an awareness session and not a training – only attendance certificate will be awarded if requested.
• The importance of knowing First Aid techniques
• Basic Life Support techniques
– Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for Adult
– Management of severe bleeding
– Management of an unconscious casualty
o Recovery position